Friday, May 06, 2005

Back to the Future and then home to Glasworks

I leave Bill`s by the Bain Street entrance, head south towards London Road, I am travelling down the most easterly part of the Barrowland area, there is not a lot here except new housing and bits of waste ground. Bain Street is a sort of boundary between commerce in its simplest form, the Trader, and the householder, during the week it guarantees to be virtually empty, but at week-ends when the Barras opens up it can be teeming with people.
Out of Bain Street and straight across London Road, and I leave the barras behind
Down the side of some rundown shops, across a bit of waste ground, I cross the cobbled remnants on Monteith Row.
As I move into Greendyke Street, heading west, Homes from the Future looms up in the near distance. The long perspective has been utilised nicely by the Arcihtectural Team responsible for the development. Nestled between London Road and Greendyke Street, the development looks south over Glasgow Green. Its a sunny day and in the distance the buildings look good, and on the whole its a pleasing modern development, but like the equally pleasing Muscle Building, it suffers from bad finishing in places. Time is pushing on and I have been out of the studio longer than I meant.
But I can`t pass by without a comment, Rick Mather Architects have designed a an excellent exterior for their central section of the development, I like it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Any photos of ur glassworks?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Photo's would be good!

Glasgow Detail said...

There is a link to our glass website at the white button,
Glasworks Glasgow.com


Joe Boyle