Friday, May 06, 2005

Goin to see Greek T`s

Do a right out of Tontine and head along to the corner of Bell and High street, the day is dissapearing and I hit a traffic jam. The rules of the road are being blatently ignored, traffic blocking all junctions, buses vans cars, you can`t see the pedestrian traffic lights to cross and there is not a safe gap big enough to get through. Disgusting!
I find a way through, and get across the road, continue along Bell and turn down Watson. I cross over to get a better view of the former site of one of Greek T`s glasgow gaffs.

Thank God its gone!, because you now get a really nice view of the Glasgow City Council Parks Department and Culture and Leisure`s offices (side elevation) High Street. I give them a wave, no one waves back. The builders on the old Havana site look at me as if I`m daft. But they are the ones who are digging up and building on Havana.

Question ................... Why did Greek T not have the foresight of Nostradamus, and build most of his buildings where developers today are obviously not going to have an easy ride with planning permission.
Greek ya daftie, hindsight would tell you................. Bearsden!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure there must be a quartrain!

No comments: